|Campinha Bacote LLC
| 756 Maidstone Court
| Cincinnati, OH 45230
Joe is a seasoned litigator in the firm's Cincinnati office with a broad range of experience. Prior to joining CB Law, he practiced with Thompson Hine LLP, one of the midwest's premier law firms consistently recognized for exceptional client service.
Joe focuses his practice on business litigation, products liability, employment discrimination, and personal injury cases. However, Joe also has administrative law experience representing physicians before the Ohio State Medical Board. He has also represented physicians and physician practices in employment matters and practice disputes. Moreover, Joe has represented homeowners and businesses in appealing property tax values before the Hamilton and Clermont County Boards of Revision. Further, Joe has represented corporate clients defending against OSHA citations. Joe has also represented both landlords and tenants in residential and commercial lease disputes.
What you get with Joe is a practical but creative thinker who will aggressively tackle your matter with an eye towards a fair resolution whenever possible. But if resolution is not possible, Joe knows how to handle himself in the courtroom.
United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2008, cum laude
- Indiana University, 2005, summa cum laude, B.A. English and Music
- Tried case and obtained a favorable verdict (acquittal) for 4 YouTube Celebrities who were arrested in connection with an ATM prank. Court found their conduct protected by the First Amendment.
- Obtained a $267,643.75 federal jury verdict in Akron, Ohio against a multi-million dollar airline company (Ultimate Jetcharters) on claims involving retaliation based upon gender discrimination. Defense called 17 witnesses, Plaintiff called one (the Plaintiff). Regardless, the jury rendered a unanimous verdict, which included punitive damages
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of automobile manufacturer on design defect, failure to warn, and punitive damages claims (affirmed on appeal).
- Tried case to favorable decision regarding State Medical Board's denial of physician assistant special services plan.
- Multiple favorable verdicts before Hamilton County and Clermont County Board of revisions allowing for reduction in properties' taxable value.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of pipe manufacturer in case involving downhole pipe failure that injured nearby workers.
- Served as warranty and asbestos counsel for major laminate manufacturer.
- Obtained dismissal for foster care company against abuse and neglect claims.
Ohio State Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Awards & Honors
Kenneth J. Furnier Humanitarian Award
Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star 2014, 2015
Phi Beta Kappa
Covington Partners in Prevention
Volunteer Jazz Piano Teacher
Former Coach of Summit County Day Mock Trial Team
Residents of Mainstrasse member
"The War On Napster And The Future Of Musical Piracy"